The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development was announced by the UN General Assembly in December 2002 and is celebrated each year on 21st May.
On this day people all over the world can take the chance to find out what cultural diversity means in their everyday life to be connected with each other and learn to live together better.
10 ways you can get involved to celebrate today:-
- Visit an art exhibit or a museum dedicated to other cultures
- Learn about another religion
- Plan an international movie night
- Listen to a musical tradition from a different culture
- Play a sport related to a different culture (Karate, Criquet, Pétanque)
- Invite a friend over and cook traditional food
- Learn about traditional celebrations from other cultures
- Volunteer with an organization working for diversity and inclusion
- Learn another language
- Spread the word around you, family, friends and invite people from a different culture to share your customs.
We work closely with Tai Pawb and are currently working towards achieving their Quality in Equality and Diversity Award.
If you have any suggestions on how we could live together better in our communities please contact us on either 0800 085 7843 or email email@example.com.
We’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas.