Our Community Wellbeing team is running a 5 week “School Holiday Food Hamper” programme for families whose children are entitled to free school meals throughout the school holidays.
The aim of this project is to support families and their children to eat healthy meals and to attend enriching activities, in the hope of tackling the holiday hunger.
Every Friday we will provide one hamper, per household, per week. Families can collect their hampers or we can deliver to those with disabilities or cannot travel.
Basic food hampers will be available from Friday August 3rd 2018 and will be available from:
- Merthyr Valleys Homes Head Office, Gellideg Estate
- 15 Chestnut Way Gurnos Estate (the old 3G’s building)
- Trelewis Community Centre, Macintosh Terrace Trelewis.
The hampers are to include.
- Breakfast Provisions
- Lunch Provisions.
To receive the hampers the family must be:
- Merthyr Valleys Homes tenants
- The children in the family will need to be in receipt of free school meals during term time.
If you would like to receive a hamper or are aware of any families in need please contact the Community Wellbeing team on Community@mvhomes.org.uk or 0800 085 7843
Referrals will only be accepted up to and including next Wednesday 1st August 2018