The Freedom Programme
Freedom Programme is a fantastic course available to you if you are currently or have previously experienced domestic abuse. The course examines and explains the various characteristics of the perpetrator and the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships with the aim of equipping you with the knowledge to identify the signs of abusive behaviours in current or future relationships.
Merthyr Valleys Homes are committed to preventing and addressing report of domestic abuse within our communities and we are offering free access to the Freedom Programme to ensure those of you who need this support able to access it.
ACCESSING THE COURSE
There are 3 way to access the course:
- Requesting a copy of the book “Living with the dominator”, written by Pat Craven, the creator of the Freedom Programme. Merthyr Valleys Homes has 50 copies of the book to give out for free! To request your copy of the book, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and address. The book will be posted to you so please ensure you provide an address where it is safe for us to mail out to you.
- You can access an online version of the course which you undertake in your own time. This option provides access to the course in multiple languages and can be a safer option if receiving a book through the post would put you at risk. You can undertake the course in your own time and at your own pace. Merthyr Valleys Homes will pay the course fee for you. For access, email us at email@example.com with your name and address and we will issue the login details
- Alternatively you can sign up for a free course which is facilitated and held on a weekly basis with others experiencing (or who have previously experienced) domestic abuse. This option provides a great opportunity to speak to others in similar situations. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information about the Freedom Programme, you can find it here – http://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/online.php
If you or anyone you know are experiencing domestic abuse please seek support. You can speak to us and we will discuss the options we can work with you on to keep you safe within your home. You can also speak to any of the local or national domestic abuse support agencies:
- Safer Merthyr Tydfil – https://www.smt.org.uk/how-can-we-help/domestic-abuse-resource-team-dart/
- Domestic Abuse Recourse Team (DART) – https://www.smt.org.uk/projects/domestic-abuse-resource-team-dart/
- Women’s Aid – https://www.womensaid.org.uk/
- New pathways – newpathways.org.uk
- Llamau – llamau.org.uk