Good neighbours are invaluable, and this is what we want to show and say thanks for with our ‘Good Neighbour Award’.
Our first award goes to Mr & Mrs Cooke from Gurnos. For years, they have been providing a helping hand to their 86 year old neighbour, – including mowing the lawn, providing hot meals, helping with the shopping or having a daily chat. They have continuously offered support to her, most recently during a period of ill health, which led to a little spell in hospital. They both ensured she received gifts and regular visits to hospital over Christmas and throughout her stay. They have been there for her through thick and thin demonstrating the value of kindness, good neighbours and community spirit.
In recognition to this wonderful act of kindness, we felt they both deserved a treat.
Matthew Martin, Community Wellbeing Coordinator added “This is a great example of the community spirit that exists throughout our borough. We know that many of our tenants offer help and assistance to their neighbours – if you have a great neighbour that has been there for you and you feel that they deserve a little treat – nominate them for our “Good Neighbour Award were someone will win a £50 voucher”
Merthyr Valleys Homes Good Neighbour Award
To enter your neighbour, either complete the attached form and return it to us or email us the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a copy of the form or you need assistance to complete the nomination, please contact our Community Wellbeing Team on 01685 727816.
This round of application ends on the 29th March 2019, so please get your nominations in by then.
Details to include in the email:
- Your name, address and telephone number as the person nominating
- Your neighbours name, address and telephone number as the person being nominated
- Reasons/details of the nomination – some detail about the person, how they helped you and the difference this has made to you
- The person nominating and the person nominated must both be tenants of MVH.
- We will accept more than one person nominating.
- No anonymous nominations will be accepted.
- The award will be judged by a panel made up of Democratic Body members, employees and our Executive Management Team.