Grants and Sponsorship
We aim to be more than a social landlord. We want to invest in the lives of our tenants and the local community in ways that will improve people’s quality of lives. This is the purpose of the Grant and Sponsorship Scheme. Our award scheme is open for voluntary and community organisations to apply.
1. Small grant – up to £500
Constituted and non-constituted groups are eligible to apply for this grant. If you are a non-constituted group we are not able to provide you with a monetary grant. In place of this, we will pay invoices/costs direct to a supplier. There will be a maximum of 2 applications allowed per annum.
2. Medium grant – up to £1,000 large grant – up to £5000*.
Only constituted groups will be eligible to apply for this grant. There will be a maximum number application in the same financial year.
* There may be exceptional circumstances where this may change depending on need and relevance of the initiative. Please contact the Engagement and Ownership Team before completing your application.
Celebrating Success Grant
Up to £300
National level of achievement or significant success across a range of activities including success in the community, in sport, in academic study and in the arts. The award would be open to any young person who lives (with parents or carers) in one of our rented properties).
* There may be other examples of national achievement that merit an award but are not in the above categories for example being the first person to climb a new route. In these cases the award would be at the discretion of the Chief Executive and the Chair of the Board.
Sponsorship Awards – up to £1,000
Only constituted groups will be eligible to apply for this grant. There will be a maximum of 1 application per annum
Merthyr Valleys Homes will consider an application if the application complies with one or more of the following criteria:
- Stronger and Cohesive Communities
- Safer Communities
- Health, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion
- A Better Environment
All money awarded from the Grants and Sponsorship from the 2017/18 fund will have to be spent by the end of March 2018.
For further information about Merthyr Valleys Homes’ Grants and Sponsorships:
Contact the Engagement and Ownership Team on 01685 727751, call into our offices or read the guidance notes.
The Grant and Sponsorship Scheme has closed for this financial year.
New applications will be accepted from the 1st April 2018.