Grants and Sponsorship
We aim to be more than a social landlord. We want to invest in the lives of our tenants and the local community in ways that will improve people’s quality of lives. This is the purpose of the Grant and Sponsorship Scheme. Our award scheme is open for voluntary/community groups, social enterprises and charities to apply.
Our Grants scheme is split into 3 categories:
- Informal groups (such as a group of volunteers) – up to £500 in grant funding.
- Constituted community groups – up to £5,000 in grant or £1,000 in sponsorship
- Community not for profit businesses, social enterprises and charities – up to £5,000 in grant or £1,000 in sponsorship
There will be a maximum number of successful applications in the same financial year.
* There may be exceptional circumstances where this may change depending on need and relevance of the initiative. Please contact the Engagement and Ownership Team before completing your application.
Celebrating Success Grant
Up to £300
National level of achievement or significant success across a range of activities including success in the community, in sport, in academic study and in the arts. The award would be open to any young person who lives (with parents or carers) in one of our rented properties).
* There may be other examples of national achievement that merit an award but are not in the above categories for example being the first person to climb a new route. In these cases the award would be at the discretion of the Chief Executive and the Chair of the Board.
Merthyr Valleys Homes will consider an application if the application complies with one or more of the following MVH corporate themes:
All money awarded from the Grants and Sponsorship from the 2018/19 fund will have to be spent by the end of March 2019.
For further information about Merthyr Valleys Homes’ Grants and Sponsorships: Contact the Engagement and Ownership Team on 01685 727751, call into our offices or read the guidance notes.
The Grant and Sponsorship Scheme has closed for this financial year.
New applications will be accepted from the 1st April 2018.