As a tenant of Merthyr Valleys Homes, you will have a number of responsibilities – these include repairs.
You are responsible for:
- Reporting any faults or repairs which are our responsibility to us straight away
- Keeping toilets and soil pipes free from blockages.
- Maintaining adequate ventilation and heating to avoid internal condensation
- Easing/oiling internal doors
- Fixing minor internal plaster cracks
- Fixing floor tiles, or replacing loose or worn carpets
- Carrying out minor repairs to kitchen units and drawers
- Replacing glass in windows and doors if it breaks
- Replacing fuses
- Looking after gardens and hedges.
For a full list of what you are responsible for repairing, and what we will do, read our ‘Repairs – Who’s Responsible’ PDF.
Remember, if you, other household members or your visitors damage to the property, it is your responsibility either to undertake this work yourself or to pay us to repair the damage.
For more information contact us on freephone 0800 085 7843 or 01685 727772.