Why work for us?
Well job satisfaction and helping our customers are big reasons, but we also offer our staff many additional benefits too. Some of them are standard, but you might find a few surprises as well.
Our informal and friendly work environment reflects our belief that a happy workplace is more productive. We employ people with a positive attitude who genuinely want to help our customers and will always look for ways to improve the services we offer. We encourage wide-ranging personal and professional development.
Our excellent terms and conditions of employment are based on a commitment to employee wellbeing, supported by family-friendly policies.
- A competitive benchmarked Salary – a Living Wage employer.
- Generous annual Leave From 22 days, plus bank holidays and additional statutory days
- MVH recognises 4 trade unions, we also work with trade unions to provide funding to develop members and staff.
- Staff are eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A Flexi-time scheme helping employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance – subject to operational requirements
- Family friendly policies and procedures
- Free tea, coffee and squash throughout the working day.
- Special Leave arrangements
- Occupational Sick Pay of up to 6 months full pay and 6 month’s half pay (dependent on length of service)
- A Social Committee which organises several events throughout the year including quiz nights and a Christmas party.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Childcare vouchers provided by Computershare
- Payment of one professional subscription per employee (subject to relevancy to role).
- Free eye test & VDU / safety glasses
- Discount leisure membership with local providers
- Fully committed Staff Suggestion Scheme
- EE mobile discount scheme
- Well @ Work Group made up of staff that focus on health and wellbeing through a range of activities including awareness raising and testing.
- Occupational Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- Employer’s basic skills pledge
- Commitment to multi-skilling our tradesmen
- Support for Professional Development relevant to the role and organisation
- Disability Confident employer
- Working with the latest technology
- Positive and friendly environment
- Annual staff away day
- Equal Opportunities employer