The Housing Team
Housing Services cover the management of your home. This includes, collecting rent, dealing with problems of antisocial behaviour, managing estates and communal areas, assisting you to move into your new home and to move out. All residents have a Housing Officer and you can contact them to discuss any problems or queries you may have about your tenancy.
Housing Officer Role and Responsibilities
The following issues can be reported/raised with the housing officers at Merthyr Valleys Homes:-
- Advice on how to apply for accommodation and the bidding process.
- Post tenancy visits for new tenants to include tenancy advice.
- Welfare tenancy visits for existing tenants to include tenancy advice.
- Referrals for support to Supporting People.
- Referrals for financial advice.
- Reporting complaints about nuisance neighbours, dogs fouling/roaming, overgrown gardens, parking issues, abandoned properties, fly tipping, off road vehicles, abandoned vehicles, repairing vehicles, overcrowding, lodgers, sub-letting, domestic abuse.
- Advice on rent and housing benefit claims.
- General tenancy advice on becoming a joint tenant, succession rights, mutual exchanges, structural alterations/improvements, name change, how to end a tenancy.
- Reporting repairs.
- How to make an official complaint.
- Advice on Right to Buy.
Area Housing Officer and Areas covered
Twynrodyn (except Brodawel)
Gurnos – Lower
Gurnos – Shops (Chestnut Way, Goitre Lane, Holly way, Lime Grove and Poplar Way only)
Gurnos – New
Gurnos – Upper
Gurnos – Shops (except Chestnut Way, Goitre Lane, Holly way, Lime Grove and Poplar Way)
Janine Hopson and Dawn McInnes
Troed y Rhiw
Twynrodyn (Brodawel only)