Youth Services to Young People between the Ages of 11-25 by Merthyr Valleys Homes within the Gurnos and Galon Uchaf Area.
MVH Youth aim is to provide young people with a space within the community to engage in a social and educational provision during their recreational time, throughout both the school term and during school holidays at times which are appropriate to the young people themselves.
The target age range providing a service for 11-25 years, prioritising services for those within the 13-19 year age group.
SERVICE OUTCOMES FOR THE COMMUNITY AND THE INDIVIDUAL
FOR THE INDIVIDUALS:
- Opportunities to access informal and formal learning
- Improve personal, social and employability skills
- Increase participation in the life of the community
- Increase independence to access information, advice & support
- Access opportunities that support improvement in wellbeing
FOR THE COMMUNITY:
- Social and educational opportunities for young people in the area
- Improve engagement by young people in the life of the community
- Increase the employability of members of the community through offering accredited learning